Steps to issue Iraqi birth certificate and the required documents.
* 3 colored copies of American birth certificate should be certified by the SECRETARY OF STATE of the state from which it’s been issued with the original birth certificate also certified as well.
2. Provide the following with the certified U.S. birth certificate:
* Fill out the application form to obtain iraqi birth certificate.
* The father’s original personal ID(Hawyat Ahwal madaniya) and (2) colored copies of it, the mother’s original personal ID(Hawyat Ahwal madaniya) and (2) colored copies of the mother’s as well, both IDs should state their marital status as married to each others and identical to the names written in both IDs.
* If the marital status, record number , ID number do not match, please send the original Iraqi marriage certificate certified by the Iraqi Ministry of Foreign Affairs and two color copies of it also certified by the Iraqi Ministry of Foreign Affairs or an American marriage certificate certified by (SECRETARY OF STATE) and (DEPARTMENT OF STATE).
* ($15) in cash attached with the application for obtaining the Iraqi birth certificate ($ 15) to certify the American birth certificate per child, all documents should be submitted with in maximum of two months, the total fees amount ($ 30) (thirty dollars in cash).
* In the case of delaying the submission for more than two months, please send the amount of ($ 8.5) (eight dollars and a half dollars) in cash as a delay fine to be a total of ($ 38.5) (thirty-eight dollars and half dollars in cash).
** Important note: Please send all required documents with a prepaid return mailing envelope for the purpose of returning it to the related party.