We would like to inform you that no further updates or new decisions are applied regarding entry visas, and the instructions for granting entry visas below will resume as of Saturday Januray 28th:
Requirements of the Visa request
The following conditions must available in the Visa request: –
1 – The passport has validity for a period of minimum six months.
2 – Filling in a Visa application form with two photographs.
3 – Ability to cover the cost of living during the period of his stay in Iraq for holders of ordinary passports.
4 – There is no objection prevent him from entering the territory of the Republic of Iraq regarding the public health, security, morals, or the national economy.
5 – Provide a convincing reason for visit depending on the Visa type.
6 – The requester not accused or convicted of a crime outside Iraq may be extradited for.
7 – There is no order of deporting him from the Republic of Iraq and to achieve this must check the records for the barred from entering Iraq in accordance with the attached form (1).
8 – Full address in the place, which he will stay in the Republic of Iraq.
(Foreigner Residence law No. (118) for the year 1987, and the amended (Article V).
Instructions for Issuing Visa
1 – checking the information in the application form No. (1), and checking the period of passport validity of the foreigner Visa requester (minimum period of six months validity).
2 – Recording information in the Visa record sample No. (2).
3 – Writing number of companions next to the Visa if their names written in the Visa applicant’s passport.
4 – The lack of clarity and calligraphy differs from one person to another are required to the adoption of electronic printing filled the application form fields with and fields of the visa sticker, sample No. (3).
(letter of the Consular Department No. 8/3 / General / 86 987 on 19 Oct. 2010) and (8/3/1/89904 on 13 Oct. 2010)
5 – The need to full of all Visa application form’s fields in Arabic, especially the applicant’s address in Iraq (block /alley/House/ well-known point), and the phone number for accelerating the answer to the Visa’s requests. Noting that a lot the Missions still send application forms without full of a lot of fields, especially the field of the address in Iraq (letter of the Consular Department No. 8/3 / General / 92543 on 1 Nov. 2010)
6 – Visa signed by the consul and stamped by the seal of the consulate.
7 – Fees are collected for granting Visa according the accounting receipt (37 a) as follows:
A – Amount of (30$) U.S. dollars collected for granting tourist Visa arrivals and religious visit Visa according to the especial approvals for religious tourism companies exclusively as groups and to all individuals listed in the Visa lists, including companions in passports.
B – Amount of (40$) U.S. dollars collected for granting regular Visa, religious visit Visa and individual Visa for passport holder and fees exempted for companions.
C – Amount of (100$) U.S. dollars collected for granting of multi- Visa.
(letter of the Consular Department No. 8/3 / 4/80480 on 12 July 2010)
General Notes for the Visa granting
1. When the presence of banning to enter the territory of the Republic of Iraq to the cause of public health, national security, morals or the national economy, can approach the Iraqi authorities to find out their opinion on the subject.
2. When a Visa granted for children under the age of fifteen, required providing a health certificate to prove fully polio vaccine vaccinated for at least 5 doses of oral polio vaccine.
3. Exception for the Arab who married to Iraqis from Arab Nationals prevents entering Iraq’s law, after proves the marriage duly (letter of the Consular Department No. 03/08/28 / 40618 of 23 Jan. 2006).
4. Allowing for Arab and foreign nationals who have resided lawfully in Iraq exclusively.
5. Urgent Visa granted according to the authorities of the residence officer who works at the border Center, if he is convinced of the reasons that have prevented the Visa obtaining ((includes persons covered by the authority of granting Visa of the Mission)).
6. Correspondence related of Foreign Diplomats’ Visa ((granting visas)) to enter Iraq directed to the Protocol Department and a copy given to the Consular Department for informing.
7. When a Visa granted, the number and date of the Residency Directorate’s letter should mentioned for the possibility of its conformity with the approval that sent to the residency and the border.
8. The expired Visa not extendable, but they can be to obtain a new approval with new fees, but in the exceptional cases, like, closing border, the center of Passports and Residence at the border, will explain the situation on the Visa and allows them to enter without an extension or requesting a new approval, but this should not exceed more than seven days from the re- open the border.
9. Based on the letter of the Directorate of Residency, foreigners section number A. C / Visa / 1822 / 2011/29559 on 6 July 2011 containing ((to not grant visas or residency permits for foreign workers unless they obtain work permits from the Ministry of Labor and Social Affairs)) with the exception of the following categories : –
A – Employed by International Organizations, Diplomatic Missions and Consulates accredited in Iraq.
B – Foreigners who the international laws, conventions and treaties allow them to work, which the Government is a party in them.
C – Foreigners who work for the Iraqi government, but are required to provide the Directorate residence of a letter that supports the contract between the foreigners and Ministries, government departments with filling out Visa application in Arabic language in order to take.
D – Foreign workers in the reconstruction of holy shrines in Iraq.