- In 1920s the institution of slaverywas abolished in Iraq.
- In 1921 the establishment of the State of Iraq, King Faisal was the first king of Iraq, his reign continued from 1921 to 1933.
- On 3 October 1932, Iraq became a member of the League of Nations.
- In 1945:
- Iraq became a founding member of the Arab League.
- Joined the United Nations as a founding member.
- In 1945 Iraq was a founding member of the World Bank.
- On December 31, 1945. Iraq, as a founding member, signed the Articles of Agreement for the IMF.
- In 1960 Iraq was among the five founding members of the OPEC.