Permanent Representative, Ambassador Mohammed Hussein Bahr Al-Uloom, delivers Iraq’s speech at the high-level meeting organized by UNOCT to launch the global program to prevent and combat terrorism
The Permanent Representative, Ambassador Mohammed Hussain Bahr Al-Uloom, delivered Iraq’s speech at the high-level meeting organized by UNOCT to launch the global program to prevent and combat terrorism.
Where the speech referred to the most important areas of cooperation between Iraq and the office, especially in the field of strengthening judicial accountability and criminal investigation, and empowering women in the context of combating terrorism, in law enforcement and respect for human rights principles.
It also reviewed the most important priorities that Iraq aspires to through cooperation with the office, the most important of which are:
– Ensure judicial accountability for crimes committed by terrorists
– Improving measures to prevent and combat violent extremism
– Strengthening rehabilitation and reintegration procedures,
– Empowering women in the context of combating terrorism,
– Support for victims of terrorism
– Evidence-gathering and capacity building in criminal investigations